Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat

Article about: Greetings! I came across an Allgemeine NCO Visor Cap that I would very much like to add to my collection. As this may potentially be my first piece of headgear I was hoping to get a second o

Smile Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat

Greetings! I came across an Allgemeine NCO Visor Cap that I would very much like to add to my collection. As this may potentially be my first piece of headgear I was hoping to get a second opinion of its authenticity before I commit my hard earned cash. I’ve browsed past threads already and am fairly confident that it is indeed authentic but a better experienced opinion would bring that reassurance that I crave. Anyway, what do you think? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat   Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat  

Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat   Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second opinion on Allgemeine NCO Visor Hat
    P
    Many

The cap looks alright, but I wouldn´t know about the sweatband. Replaced?

A black light test on the white piping will prove authenticity.
    If the piping glows its postwar.

I have a 1970s made SS Officers cap with that same thick white piping.
    Its worth the test.
    The rest of the cap the Collectors here will further comment.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Two photographs you should request from the seller are - the RZM tag in the lining if there is one, plus one of the RZM stamping on the underside of the peak.

?

I think the cap stands a good chance. Sweatband loose and possibly reattached. Insignia looks good but better photos would help. I also would like to see a tag if it has one. Try to post the extra photos if you can. I'm sure stonemint and Al will help out soon.

?

The cap looks authentic in every aspect for a cap of the 1936 or so era. The dealer website states there is no rzm tag present but you would benefit from a closeup photo of the rzm stamp on the peak as stated by d'alquen.
    The sweatband is either loose or re-stitched hard to say by these limited photo's. Unfortunately this dealer always provides limited low resolution photo's.
    Nonetheless it looks like a fine cap to me and commensurate with today's prices
    The insignia is stunning The TK looks like an earlier "52" scull like this one in my collection

Be warned once you buy one there is no going back, the fever will take hold of you and you will be dreaming of black caps day and night

Regards, Al

?

I'm curious if you decided to purchase this cap. We would all like to see more images.
    Regards, Al

?

Die Diskussion ist Tot

Regards, Al