Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen-ss m44 "pea dot" camo field tunic

Article about: Hi everyone, I came across this interresting tunic. What do you think about this one. Descibed as a Waffen-SS M44 field tunic tailored from "pea-dot" printed camo on smooth cotton.

Default Waffen-ss m44 "pea dot" camo field tunic

Hi everyone,

I came across this interesting tunic. What do you think about this one. Descibed as a Waffen-SS M44 field tunic tailored from "pea-dot" printed camo on smooth cotton. The camo print has some misalignment with the base fabric showing in between the dots.

Buttons: Complete. All period time attached by the factory.
    Shoulder boards: No boards and no loops.
    Lining: Grey HBT fabric
    Markings: several markings are faded and unreadable
    Sleeve eagle: not present

The tunic is faded and has some wear and tear and signs of repair. It has been field-tailored to make it shorter, and part of the lower pockets were cut out as well. Overall, it is in good and used condition.

The buttons seem to show no wear in contrast to the tunic itself. I would like to know your opinion.

Cheers,

Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-ss m44 "pea dot" camo field tunic
    P
    Many

Others will opine but for me the styling and interior machine embroidery are a cause for querying this jacke. It might also be useful to know how the buttons are attached with some close up pictures. The buttons do look very "fresh" given this items purported age and expected "in the field" use.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 06-21-2024 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Others will opine but for me the styling and interior machine embroidery are a cause for querying this jacke. It might also be useful to know how the buttons are attached with some close up pictures. The buttons do look very "fresh" given this items purported age and expected "in the field" use.
    Exactly my point. I can see that the buttons are stitched to the fabric. I think these would have been normally been attached with an S-ring, which is much strong in field use.

You can see here that this is not the case. The color of the yarn is yellow-ish the rest is black. Everything is possible but this is not how it should be.

Cheers,

Paul

"I can see that the buttons are stitched to the fabric.

I think these would have been normally been attached with an S-ring, which is much stronger in field use."

Well, I've just learned something new!

Backed up with a great picture too.

Great reply Irish1965

Paul, your initial gut feelings about this were correct.