Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 ex DD named KM

Article about: My last pick up at the Max Show. Photos are not the best. It is much better in hand and has a nice apple green color It's an ET64, lot number 4612 named ex DD KM from the 1939 order and conf

MAP
    ?

Question M35 ex DD named KM

My last pick up at the Max Show. Photos are not the best. It is much better in hand and has a nice apple green color

It's an ET64, lot number 4612 named ex DD KM from the 1939 order and confirmed with a 1939 dome stamp. It is also named on the liner with a seen in cloth tag. If some on could translate the last name that would be appreciated as I can not read some of the letters

Chinstrap is a Henseler & Co ULM and I think dated 1939

The liner rivets have that brighter green color with is to be expected as well. Decal has some wear but still close to 80%. The soldier did a fantastic job trying to match the paint when he covered the national shield.

Also, I think I can see a shadow of a wire that goes around the helmet just above the skirt, but maybe just my eyes.

Enjoy

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM

M35 ex DD named KM
    Last edited by MAP; 09-22-2024 at 04:40 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ex DD named KM
    P
    Many

For me it reads like 'Siegfried Mikzsaff" - at least that's how I think it's pronounced. Siegfried is obvious. After "Mi" the weird F is actually a K. After that, the weird F/B looking thing is pronounced "sz-ss"... followed by 'aff'. Hopefully a little help; and hopefully correct :P NICE PICKUP MATE!

MAP
    ?

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    For me it reads like 'Siegfried Mikzsaff" - at least that's how I think it's pronounced. Siegfried is obvious. After "Mi" the weird F is actually a K. After that, the weird F/B looking thing is pronounced "sz-ss"... followed by 'aff'. Hopefully a little help; and hopefully correct :P NICE PICKUP MATE!
    Thanks. Yes it was those two letters I I wasn't sure of.

Certainly a unique name. And if I had the know how I'm sure we could locate him.

Thanks for the help. And yes, a very lucky pick up. I was certain it was going to sell quick but for some reason it sat there tucked away in the last aisle of the show so I guess that area didn't get that much foot traffic. Immediately after I bought it I had a few offers to sell it for a nice profit.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No prob mate! I'm by no means an expert and still learning every day I collect :P This is called 'Fraktur' script. The other, more difficult WW2 German script is called 'Sutterlin'. Think the Himmler signature. Couldn't read that shit if you put me in Landsberg for a decade haha *WAITING FOR A PROPER GERMAN* to comment :P

That’s a fantastic KM Michael! Can definitely see the ridge on that decal. The not often seen cloth tag is an another bonus and those M&M green liner pin heads are particularly nice too. Congrats!

Andy

What a fantastic find Michael, a GIs souvenir from the war I wonder ?
    Paul

?

Nice looking helmet sir. Great find and Great info for us that don't know much about lids.

Thanks for sharing

Tim

MAP
    ?

Thanks Andy/Paul/Tim.

Not sure the history behind the helmet. Has been in a collection for quite some time

?

Mikßaff = Mikssaff... The ß is two ss, example; Straße Street, Maß Mass, groß gross.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Mikßaff = Mikssaff... The ß is two ss, example; Straße Street, Maß Mass, groß gross.. G
    Thanks G. My HS German is starting to come back. Yes, the double S.

Did some quick searches. No hits so probably quite a rare name.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast