Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.

Article about: It looks like an ss wkc silber degen, it looks to well to be a reproduction, but can it have been modified. I only been able to find 2 similar reference sabres one from wittman and one from

per
    ?

Default Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.

Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.

It looks like an ss wkc silber degen, it looks to well to be a reproduction, but can it have been modified. I only been able to find 2 similar reference sabres one from wittman and one from historyhunters but none is quite the same. Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.
    P
    Many

Quote by per View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1747387]

It looks like an ss wkc silber degen, it looks to well to be a reproduction, but can it have been modified. I only been able to find 2 similar reference sabres one from wittman and one from historyhunters but none is quite the same. Any thoughts?
    My thoughts are as follows: 1) No wire wrap - why is that? 2) Not "in hand" the lighting makes a good evaluation tricky but what kind of silver finish is it? And could it be the craft store "silver in a bottle" type? For me it would be outside in daylight for a very close inspection (or the equivalent with top quality imaging.) Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.   Wkc ss/heer sabre silber degen.  

WKC did have for this model number Silvered SS Swords...and I have to agree with Fred on the current paint job as there is no patina and even if this was authentic..the silver would not be as drastic and bright.

The wire wrap is missing as well. So since there are less photos there will be less of an authentication except what has been pointed out.

Bright Silver on a white background = a photo washout

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

per
    ?

This one would have been interesting to inspect in person. A low offering price gets you suspicious and as you both stated the plating and patina had issues. There was bits of trace wiring on the handle you can see it on one of the pictures. Seller responding that its silver wire, a couldn't confirm it in any way. One thing thing that you see more commonly now is high valuable questionable items not only the more commonly lower budget messed with daggers swords etc. and not only from local markets, a lot is from from auctioneers.
    As always appreciate the insights. Regards Per