Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116

Article about: I have purchased this VWA, I have the maker as Funcke and Brüninghaus. However I’ve not seen one before with the number stamped to the rear of the badge like this. Is it possibly an early

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116

I have purchased this VWA, I have the maker as Funcke and Brüninghaus. However I’ve not seen one before with the number stamped to the rear of the badge like this. Is it possibly an early variant?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-04-2024 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116
    P
    Many

I have edited the title of your thread, and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

This mark would have been applied during the use of the PKZ numbering system, which is before the LDO system, I believe.
    Can also be found marked L/56.
    This one should be magnetic.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou for the information Ralph, and yes in future I shall post the title of the awards in German. Do you know when the numbering system changed from PKZ to LDO?

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Do you know when the numbering system changed from PKZ to LDO?
    I believe it was sometime in 1942.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok Thankyou. Do you believe this to be a transitional badge then? And is Funcke and Brüninghaus a rare maker of this particular variant?

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Ok Thankyou. Do you believe this to be a transitional badge then? And is Funcke and Brüninghaus a rare maker of this particular variant?
    I don't think F&BL is a rare maker of wound badges as I have a couple of others by them.
    I would consider my L/56 marked example as transitional due to the fact it has both LDO and PKZ markings on it.
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, L/56, Funke & Bruninghaus
    Ralph.

Verwundetenabzeichen has arrived earlier today. So I took some better photos. Does it look to be a genuine one in your opinions please? It retains all of its finish, so very good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, marked 116  

Ralph, can I ask. I’ve not seen any other Verwundetenabzeichen with the number stamped on the reverse to the rear of the helmet. All the ones I’ve seen seem to be stamped above the helmet.

The majority that I can find are either double marked like my example, or marked 116 on the reverse of the helmet like the one you posted.
    Ralph.

Thankyou Ralph. So you think it is a genuine one? It’s the first wound badge I’ve bought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast